Kids Workshop - Succulent Dish Garden
Time & Location
About the Event
Papilio is excited to be offering a Kids Plant Workshop Series.
Succulent Dish Garden!!!!
The workshop will introduces the incredible world of succulents! The workshop covers how to care for and propogate this amazing plants.
Then you get to create a succulent dish garden.
For ages 6 - 15 yrs old.
Ticket MUST be purchased in advance. One ticket per child at the table.
Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Registration window closes July 9th
Space is limited. Sorry no walk-ups
Due to the perishability of the materials used in the workshop, once a ticket is purchased those materials are purchased for you.
Includes: Each attendee will receive a short education session on succulents. a planter, an arry of pixie succulents, all materials (soil and finish toppings) and tools to create a stunning dish garden.
Life Lessons learned while caring for plants:
- Children learn how to consider the needs of another living thing and the consequences if you don’t.
- Another possible plus for parents: Houseplants come without the full-scale responsibility of a pet.
- Taking care of plants is a great opportunity to learn about responsibility.
- Older children can remove dead leaves or repotting a plant that has outgrown its container. They can also create a calendar with notations for when it’s time for a weekly watering or monthly fertilizing.
- When a plant fails to thrive, provide a magnifying glass, and kids can play detective, looking for clues to the root of the problem. Use the acronym PLANTS — place, light, air, nutrients, thirst (water) and soil — to figure out what the plant might need.
Instructor: Tracy Post, has been an instructor for over 30 years and she loves sharing her knowledge about plants and flowers in a series of hands-on workshops. Tracy, grew up around the family-owned plant nursery learning from her father and grandfather. She is also the owner of Petals and Stems Market where she plays and creates with flowers and plants. Her workshops are energetic, packed with information, and she makes learning fun.
Questions - Contact instructor Tracy Post 407-756-0497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs and/or video will be taken at today’s event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images that may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by PSM including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. If you do not wish to be photographed please inform an Papilio or Petals and Stems Market.
- Sold OutSucculent Dish Garden$18+$0.45 Service fee$18+$0.45 Service fee0$0