5 Easy Care Tips:
- Water Less - Give them a good soak once a week. During the winter months once every two weeks. Put in enough water to just get the soil damp. The same thing goes for a container without a drainage hole.
- Well Drained Soil - Make sure your succulents are in well draining soil, so the roots can completely dry out between waterings.
- Non-Drainage holes - If planting in a non-draining container, be sure they have plenty of room at the bottom of the container for drainage. Filled the bottom of the container with stones before adding soil mixture.
- Lots of Sunlight - To grow happy and healthy succulents, they need lots of light. Beware that during the summer, they can get "sunburn" (brown/black spots on the leaves) when in intense sunlight. The ideal condition is indirect light..
- Creative Containers - Succulents can be displayed in very creative planting containers. It just needs to be minimum of 3" deep. So let your imagination go wide.